Volunteers are the life-blood of Urban Seed. Our volunteers not only do a fabulous job getting essential tasks done but contribute significantly to the vibrancy of our communities.
Urban Seed volunteers give anywhere between two days a week and two hours a fortnight to their work. Each is characterised by a real desire to connect with people who are struggling, and a willingness to come alongside and journey with others, in a shared experience of transformation.
Different ways that volunteers have contributed to Urban Seed’s work include:
First and foremost, joining our groups within their specific neighbourhoods, getting to know us and becoming a part of one of our communities.
· Helping to cook or clean up in the Longroom
· Administration assistance
· Technology support and advice
· Writing content for website, e-newsletters and more
· Creating useful multi-media for our engagement work
· Running workshops and facilitating discussions
· Assisting in the Credo Art Space
· Assisting at the People’s Pantry in Norlane
· Event organisation
· Acts of advocacy and solidarity
· Biblical action/reflection
Note also that Residency is a live-in program for volunteers, for our community development projects in Norlane, St Albans and the Melbourne CBD.
If you are interested in volunteering, contact email@example.com.