What is Credo Cricket?
Check out Credo Cricket's MySpace page
- Credo Cricket is a celebration of cricket as a means for personal and social transformation.
- Credo is the Latin word for “belief in action”.
- Cricket can be a useful way of revealing some of the things we believe most deeply about our lives, our world and our relationships with others.
- Credo Cricket seeks to offer a mix of re-creational opportunities (physical, personal, social) through which we can challenge negative beliefs and foster the good beliefs that lead to positive change.
The Credo Cricket Vision
- To build a sense of healthy, supportive community around weekly, accessible, inclusive cricket activities.
- To create a cricketing culture which is constantly deepening its expression of “Credo” values and “Circle of Courage’” strength based development processes.
- To use cricket to enable pathways to support, services and employment for people who experience disadvantage with a particular focus on young men who are at risk, in crisis or transition.
- To use cricket as a means of building bridges between diverse social groups, increase people’s access to supportive relationships and facilitate participation in a broader sense of healthy community.
- To communicate the stories of Credo Cricket to a diverse audience in order to entertain, challenge and inspire.
For more information on Credo Cricket please read the story Laneway Cricket Unites Melbourne
or email Phil Yew
If you are interested in organising an Urban Issues Walk followed by a Laneway Cricket match, please contact Samara Pitt