Recent Annual Reports
Annual Report 2011
Annual Report 2010
Annual Report Jul09-Dec09.pdf
Annual Report Jul08-Jun09.pdf
Urban Seed is led by an Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for operational strategies and day to
Urban Seed Executive Director
Board of Collins Street Baptist Benevolent Society Inc.
Anne Wilkinson-Hayes (Chair)
Peter Horbury (Secretary)
Dianne Brown (Treasurer)
Chris Lacey (Executive Director)
The Board of Collins Street Baptist Benevolent Society (trading as Urban Seed) has independent, non-executive directors with a broad range of experience in the welfare sector, business, finance and organisational governance. The board is responsible for the overall direction and governance of Urban Seed.
These responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategic direction for the organisation, assessing progress towards strategic objectives and approving policies to work towards those objectives.
- Appointing and evaluating the performance of the Executive Team and determination of their remuneration and conditions of service.
- Approving and monitoring the annual budget.
- Considering and approving strategies and policies to ensure appropriate risk management.
- Monitoring and receiving advice on areas of operational business opportunities and financial risk.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and policies.
- Appointing Board Committees to assist in effective governance.
The Executive Director is responsible for operational management, with all powers, discretions and delegations authorised, from time to time, by the Board. The Board is responsible for regularly reviewing and ensuring that all necessary and appropriate delegations are in place to enable the Executive Director of Urban Seed to meet this responsibility.
No fees are paid for serving as a director.
The Board follows good governance practices and has leveraged the Code of Governance for the Australian Community Sector and the Australian Stock Exchange Corporate Governance Council's Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations.